Saturday, January 22, 2011

and we're off and running...

I have never done a blog before- so bare with me as I get the hang of this. A little about my self... I am an interior design student with a love of all things art. When not looking for the next inspiring picture/design/texture/etc. I enjoy singing and dancing and a

Today one of my friends and I met with a very successful Interior Designer in Dallas. It's rare to find a designer that can articulate well when explaining how they make their mark in this field. She was so passionate! I feel that when you ask someone about something their passionate about you can learn so much by just sitting back and listing. People just begin to open up and you learn more than you ever thought you would.

Next we went to the Dallas Market Center and the World Trade Center for the Annul fair where buyers come out and acquire new pieces for their stores(ie. Pier 1) I've been to several design convention shows but this was overwhelming in a fun way though. I'm not sure what the best part was, getting materials from different vendors to stock my materials library with or getting to see all the displays and learn about new companies. I can't wait to go back when it's not so crowded and I can spend more time in the different shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment